3D scanning services facilitate a high-level of accuracy for any project. Laser scanning solutions provide engineers and designers the ability to render the right 3D solutions to clients for their 3D needs. The 3D laser scanning process has the potential to tackle complex objects and measurement problems. Designers and engineers can scan buildings, machines, bridges, power plants, and other large-scale projects with 3D scanning software. Engineers and designers scan different parts, small and large objects, structures, layouts to create virtual data.
The kind of parts and objects scanned by the laser scanning process are-
- Scanning of parts and objects – 3D laser scanning Melbourne process converts physical objects into digital models that enable designers to capture the object’s shape and geometries accurately and quickly.
- Scanning structure and scenes- 3D scanning data is a high accuracy data where you can view as as-built documentation virtually. With accurate data, designers can also surface a CAD model that facilitates reconstruction and comparison of models.
- Industrial CT scanning- Industrial X-ray 3D scanning process scans complex parts, the internal geometry of parts with Metrology grade Computed Tomography (CT) without visual access. CT scanning provides complete accuracy in small and large parts. There are many parts like small and complex from medical and electronic industries are very difficult to scan and measure. Advanced 3D scanning technologies capture all surfaces both internal and external without any damage to the object.
- Scanning Aircraft, vehicles, and other large objects- Terrestrial and mobile 3D scanning services Melbourne can collect high-density spatial images quickly and accurately.
Laser scanning allows designers to create an endless number of virtual node points that facilitate creating 2D and 3D models. It enables constructability reviews and 100% accuracy in locating new geometry and connecting points. The point cloud data is very crucial that facilitates the completion of projects without the interference of the existing structure. Designers can get the most of 3d scanning technology by creating industrial models, architectural models, 2d drawings, part models, 3D print files and parts, etc.
3d scanning can solve innumerable problems like:
- Mapping out the structure that accurately plans the facility
- Designers can engineer new product prototypes that enable new product development
- Engineers can 3D CAD models with complete 2D drawings
- Designers can also create a BIM model that facilitates building renovation
- The 3d scan enables designers to perform digital modifications by either changing size or adding/removing features.
- With laser scanning, designers can identify the defect, flaws, and fitment issues.
Application of laser scanning in different industries
- Architectural restoration- 3D laser scanning services enable designers to manufacture replica components using CNC machining. When original accents are lost, designers give a new life by scanning the original object to recreate templates and molds. Several items are modeled like hand-carved wooden posts, metal hardware, and plaster appliqué.
- Create building renovations- 3D laser scanners are quite effective in capturing floors, walls, ceilings, building interiors, and anything outdoor. Designers can scan accurately architectural structures like complexes, shopping malls, casinos, hotels, parking spaces, and garages to create point cloud data. The point cloud data can be directly applied to create a permanent record, modify and create a replica of a model.
- Analyzing wind turbine towers for defects- With laser scanners, engineers can safely scan wind turbine towers easily and accurately. With scans, project engineers can identify dents and map out the location and depth. It provides a detailed analysis of turbine towers to determine structural compromise in case there has been a failure event.
Measuring stockpile volumes with laser scanners
- Stockpiles are measured with long-range 3D scanning Melbourne process easily. Scans are also conducted with the help of drones. The scans create digital models of piles so that volumes are calculated with accuracy. With aerial scanning, engineers can have many advantages. Aerial scanning can capture the top of the piles that is not visible from the ground.
- Creating blueprints for boats, vessels, and ships – 3D laser scans can be converted into 2D drawings that can be used by a naval architect for different kinds of analysis.
- Reverse Engineering – Scanning services Melbourne include reverse engineering that results in accurate and geometric analysis of tiny elements and objects. The reverse engineering services enable engineers to create 2D models, 3 D models, and 2D technical documentation.
- Urban Planning- Urban planning is rising at a faster rate. 3D laser scanning Melbourne has enabled real estate firms and the government to do urban planning effectively. The point cloud data supports planning and design needs with topographic analysis and light analysis.
Not all 3D designers and engineers are the same; you need to look for a team that is responsive, better, faster, innovative, and agile. The team of designers must be committed to bringing value to the project with their collaborative efforts and responsive attitude. With their vast experience, the formulation of the design seamlessly passes each stage of the project life cycle.
Benefits of 3D scanning and printing Melbourne
- 3D scan and replicate sites and minute details of parts
- With 3D laser scanning solutions, you can increase safety in unsafe locations.
- 3D laser scanning saves time and cost of engineers in scanning with cameras and measurement devices.
- With laser scanning Australia, designers can verify the architecture of doors, aircraft, vehicles, vessels, floors, etc.
- Engineers can create permanent records for future or immediate use.
- With 3D scanning, engineers can create CAD models, point cloud data, elevation drawings, plan view drawings, as-built documentation, BIM integration, etc.
Laser design solutions are the outcomes of ultra-precise 3D scanning systems and measurement devices. The 3D designers help their clients in many applications and industries delivering premium quality outcomes. The project delivery process includes planning, procurement, contracting, engineering and design, facility projects, etc. The team chooses the best delivery system for client’s project with endless support and quality management. The 3D scanning team are innovate, practical, experience and proven committed to deliver affordable 3D scanning services.
Try our 3d scanning services today & get a discount.