3d printing companies use the industry-leading 3d technology that turns digital designs into physical products within minimum time and cost. The experts ensure that strict quality control measures have been followed to render an object with precision. The professionals take up 3d projects for their clients and meticulously pass through every stage. Starting from initiating a design, reverse engineering, and creation of 3d printed prototypes, experts ensure the object is accurate.
The 3d printing and scanning services are provided to a wide range of industries such as aerospace, oil and gas, energy, automotive, education, etc.
For prototyping, 3d printing is used. It is the ability to quickly manufacture a single part in a cost-effective manner. Depending upon the project, the professionals advise the type of 3d printing technology. 3d printing is though synonymous with rapid prototyping, 3d printing is the best for low volumes, 3d printing car parts, and complex geometries. Complex parts belonging to aerospace industries and medical applications are created with 3d printing.
3d printing considerations
To determine 3d printing options, experts advise 5 key determining considerations.
- Budget- The budget of the project is the most important. Depending upon the cost of the project, experts prepare the product development process that fits your budget.
- Mechanical requirements- Every project is unique. The experts first list the mechanical requirements of the project and execute the process.
- Cosmetic appearance- The aesthetic appeal of the object should be given proper attention. The experts focus on the cosmetic appearance of the object.
- Material selection- Materials like plastic, nylon, resin, metal, etc are used in 3d printing. Choosing the right material is done by 3d printing professionals.
- Geometry- Some objects are simple, but some have complex geometries. Hence, objects with complex shapes and geometry are best captured by high-quality laser scanners.
Types of 3d printing process
Polymer 3d printing process-Listing some of the most common 3d printing processes to create premium quality 3d products. These processes are preferred by product developers, artists, engineers, and designers.
- Stereolithography (SLA)- SLA is an industrial 3d printing process. These printers are the best for producing parts with high detail, smooth finish, and tight tolerances. SLA is widely used in the medical industry for producing special medical equipment.
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)- SLS melts together nylon-based powders into solid plastic. SLS is made of thermoplastic material; hence they are ideal for printing, durable, and apt for functional testing. In comparison to the former method, SLS parts are much stronger but have rough surface finishes. As SLS process doesn’t require support structures, higher quantities can be manufactured.
Polyjet- Polyjet is another 3d printing process that can fabricate parts with different colors and materials. If the design is single and rigid plastic, SL or SLS printing process is suitable. But if it is a silicone rubber design, polyjet printing is better. The method helps you to create a design with flexibility. You can save time and money with this method.
- Digital Light Processing (DLP)- The method is very similar to SLA. It uses light for liquid resin. The difference between SLA and DLP is that SLA uses UV laser whereas DLP uses a digital light projector screen. It results in faster build speeds. It is ideal for low volume production and rapid prototyping.
- Multi-jet function (MJF) – MJF is quite similar to SLS as it uses nylon powder for 3d printing. Ideal for lower production costs, MJF provides more consistent properties and improve surface finish. It uses an inkjet array to apply fusing agents on the bed of nylon powder. With the heating element, each layer is fused resulting in a detailed object with a high-quality finish.
Metal 3d printing process
Listing the types of metal 3D printing processes
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS) – With methods like DMLS, new innovative designs can be made with metals. DMLS is feasible for both production and prototyping. DMLS is highly preferable for medical applications as objects with complex geometries can be easily manufactured. Metal components or lightweight parts with different features and geometries can be easily printed in 3d with DMLS.
- Electron Beam Melting (EBM) – It is another 3d printing technology that uses an electron beam to melt with metal powder by electromagnetic coils.
Selecting the right process for 3d printing
If the volume of production is low (1 to 50 parts), 3d printing is the most preferable method. As the volume is more than hundreds, it is viable to choose other methods of manufacturing. Even when the object has a complex geometry, 3d scanning and printing Melbourne process is feasible. For example, an aluminum component with internal cooling channel can be best made with 3d printing process.
Professionals create 3d prints and prototypes in PLA, Resin, nylon, and ABS. They have one of the best technologically advanced 3d desktop printers of the industry to create an accurate product. The first stage of 3d printing service Melbourne involves the choice of a 3d printer. In the stage, it is important to choose the right 3d printer depending upon mechanical requirements, budget, design, material, the volume of production.
The experts must have a good discussion with the clients to know about the optimum 3d printing requirements and expectations. In the 3d printing process, communication is the key to success. If the clients and the professionals are having constant communication, 3d printing project would be flawless and accurate.
3d printing finishing options
3d printing finishing options are coating, plating, dyeing, decaling, polishing, secondary machining, heat treating, and texturing. Clear coating is commonly available on 3d parts. Plating increase the strength of the product made of plastic. Parts can also be dyed black, green, red and blue in the processes of SLS and SLA.
Decaling is a process to add company logos, safety warnings and other information on the product. Texturing improves the finish of the 3d parts making them less slippery and adding ergonomics. Similarly, polishing adds more smoothness to the object. 3d printing process is incomplete without 3d finishing. Accurate finishing improves the cosmetic appearance of the object making it look more attractive.
Try our 3D printing Services today & get a discount.